Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Dad says he's not home...........

WE GOT TO HEAR FROM ELDER BEDNAR!!It was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. You have no idea how much you missed out. Seriously. He didn't just stand up there and talk at us. He had a conversation with us and got to know each of us. It was incredible. The fastest 3 hours of my mission. I wish I could explain but it just cant happen. It rocked. He's nothing like what you would think from Conference. He always seems so serious and solemn and business-like. But he was relaxed and joking around with us and talking like a normal person. It was crazy. Pretty much, we're all better missionaries now just cause we were in the same room with him. There is no question, he is an Apostle of Jesus Christ.
So I doubt any of yall knew this, and I doubt anyone will believe this, but Arizona is actually a huge producer of citrus. There is a ton of citrus fruit around here. And it's all gettin nice and ripe right now. It is awesome. We have grapefuit and oranges every meal. It rocks. So that is a lot of fun.
Also, it's back up in the 80's again which is fantastic. It is so nice, I don't like the cold so it's wonderful to have the heat back.
I don't know if I've mentioned this, but President Bassett is awesome. He is the greatest. He's all about letting us make decisions on our own and letting us figure things out. But sometimes, missionaries are dumb and irresponsible, and so when that happens, he has to step down on us. So I will no longer be emailing anyone that isn't family. But you're all more than welcome to send me normal letters.
Elder Coffman

AZ-Mesa Mission
6265 N. 82nd St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Those are always appreciated.
We had a great week this week. It really was a lot of fun. Elder Dalton face-planted onto the sidewalk. That was amusing. He makes the mission fun. We had a kid open the door and we asked is his dad was home. He peeked around the other side of the door and we heard him whisper and then looked back at us and said no. So we asked if he knew when he would be home. Same thing happened. So we asked if he could ask his dad when would be a better time. He turned and whispered for a long time and then looked back at us and said 'He doesn't know.'It was great. Kids are awesome.
Hope all yall are doin well. It's always good to hear from you.
Love yall,
-Elder Coffman

No comments: